Written by Holly (Teach Starter)
Posted Tuesday April 25, 2017
This is such a gorgeous Mother’s Day craft idea!
As a mum myself, I think this is such a cute idea! It is a gift that will keep on giving. The child and mother can plant the seeds together, water it and see them grow into beautiful flowers.
Here is what you need:
- Biodegradable Seedling Pots
- PVA glue
- Colourful tissue paper
- Flower seeds – purchased from Bunnings
I purchased the pots from my local cheap shop, however, I have seen some similar pots at Bunnings. You could also use small clay pots as well!
Here is how easy it is!
- Cut the tissue paper into small squares.
- Using a brush paint the pots with the PVA glue and stick the small square pieces of tissue paper all over the pot.
- Once the pot is fully covered, put another coat of PVA glue over the top of the tissue paper. This gives it a shiny look.
- Leave the pots to dry overnight.
Download our gorgeous FREE Mother’s Day poem, and punch a hole in the top and attach a gorgeous ribbon.
The options are endless with how you would like to present this gift. You may wish to cover it in clear cellophane and attach this gorgeous poem to the outside of the pot!
We would love to see your classes finished products! Please either email your photos to [email protected] Alternatively, simply tag (#teachstarter) in an Instagram photo!
Comments & feedback
Posted Wednesday August 30, 2017 by Cassie (Teach Starter)
Mindfulness is a superpower that your students can master with just five-minutes practise a day. Check out this list of 18 quick and amazing mindfulness activities for the classroom. Read more...
Posted Tuesday May 2, 2017 by Holly (Teach Starter)
Angles can be very confusing, but these activities and resources will make angles fun in your classroom! Read more...