An extensive resource pack to help students understand the concept of monitoring.
Monitoring is a comprehension strategy that is aimed at teaching students to monitor their understanding of the text. This could include rereading or asking questions about the text in order to fully understand the meaning of the text.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Monitoring Comprehension Worksheet
- Reading Comprehension Strategies PowerPoint – Monitoring
- Monitoring Comprehension Symbols Flashcards
- Monitoring Comprehension Symbols Poster
- Monitoring Comprehension Symbols Display Posters
- 120 Comprehension Strategy Question Cards
- Applying Reading Comprehension Strategies Worksheets
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies – Question Mats
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies Poster Pack
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies – Question Flashcards
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies – Tolsby Frame Poster Pack
- Reading Strategies Poster Pack
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies Bookmark
- Super Six Reading Comprehension Strategies – Individual Strategy Bookmarks
- Monitor Understanding Poster
Australian Curriculum alignment
Read different types of texts by combining contextual , semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge using text processing strategies for example monitoring meaning, cross checking and reviewing
Navigate and read texts for specific purposes applying appropriate text processing strategies, for example predicting and confirming, monitoring meaning, skimming and scanning
Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning to expand content knowledge, integrating and linking ideas and analysing and evaluating texts
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!