A fun sausage dog themed place value activity to use in the classroom when sequencing numbers from 1 to 9.
Use this teaching resource when learning how to sequence numbers from 1 to 9.
To make this resource:
- Print, cut and laminate the head and tail of the sausage dog and the individual number sequencing cards.
- Print, cut and laminate the number expander, then fold it to create a concertina tummy and attach it to the dog’s head and tail.
- Attach loop velcro dots to the back of each number card and hook velcro dots to each rectangle on the number expander.
- Provide students with a complete set of the sausage dog and number sequencing cards. Students then use the cards to sequence the numbers from 1 to 9.
- Alternatively, students can sequence the number cards on the floor from 1 to 9 with the dog’s head at the start and its tail at the end.
Choose between using numerals with dots or numbers written in words.
A black-and-white version has been provided for students to create their own. Use the blank expanders for students to write their own numbers.
Older students may use the blank template as a skip-counting sequencing activity.