An educational resource pack with persuasive writing tasks and worksheets about advertising.
This teaching resource pack includes:
- Advertising detective poster / title page
- Advertising analysis poster
- Tell me a story activity – Encourage students to look at advertisements and draw their own conclusions, students can then write suitable captions.
- Frame it activity – Students can play and explore visual meaning in advertising with different frames. The activity can include an analytical writing task for older students.
- 5 x Different meanings worksheets – The same thing can have a number of different meanings depending on the setting or the audience. Encourage students to consider context and audience.
- Advertising strategies poster
- Advertising Challenge – A creative and analytical activity where students must design an ad for a new bubblegum flavoured soda.
- Word wall / name tag templates
NSW Curriculum alignment
Uses an increasing range of skills, strategies and knowledge to fluently read, view and comprehend a range of texts on increasingly challenging topics in different media and technologies
Victorian Curriculum alignment
Identify the effect on audiences of techniques, including shot size, vertical camera angle and layout in picture books, advertisements and film segments
Australian Curriculum alignment
Identify the effect on audiences of techniques, for example shot size, vertical camera angle and layout in picture books, advertisements and film segmentsElaborationsnoting how the relationship between characters can be depicted in illustrations thro...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!