A set of 8 posters displaying different decoding strategies.
- Eagle Eye – Look at the pictures to help you read the words.
- Stretchy Snake – Sound out the letters of the word. Then blend them together.
- Lips the Fish – Use your lips to make the first sound.
- Skippy Frog – Hop over a word you are not sure of, and then leap back.
- Chunky Monkey – Look for chunks that make sounds you know.
- Flippy Dolphin – Change the vowel sound to be long or short.
- Tryin’ Lion – Try again. Re-read the sentence.
- Helpful Kangaroo – Try all the other strategies before asking for help.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Read decodable and predictable texts, practising phrasing and fluency, and monitor meaning using concepts about print and emerging contextual, semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge
Read decodable and predictable texts using developing phrasing, fluency, contextual, semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge and emerging text processing strategies, for example prediction, monitoring meaning and re-reading
Read less predictable texts with phrasing and fluency by combining contextual, semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge using text processing strategies, for example monitoring meaning, predicting, rereading and self-correcting
Helpful Kangaroo has been added.
Addition by Paul (Teach Starter) 3 days ago
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!