A set of 8 posters displaying different decoding strategies.
- Eagle Eye – Look at the pictures to help you read the words.
- Stretchy Snake – Sound out the letters of the word. Then blend them together.
- Lips the Fish – Use your lips to make the first sound.
- Skippy Frog – Hop over a word you are not sure of, and then leap back.
- Chunky Monkey – Look for chunks that make sounds you know.
- Flippy Dolphin – Change the vowel sound to be long or short.
- Tryin’ Lion – Try again. Re-read the sentence.
- Helpful Kangaroo – Try all the other strategies before asking for help.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Read decodable and predictable texts, practising phrasing and fluency, and monitor meaning using concepts about print and emerging contextual, semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledgeElaborationsnavigating a text correctly, starting at the right pl...
Read decodable and predictable texts using developing phrasing, fluency, contextual, semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge and emerging text processing strategies, for example prediction, monitoring meaning and re-readingElaborationsusing contex...
Read less predictable texts with phrasing and fluency by combining contextual, semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge using text processing strategies, for example monitoring meaning, predicting, rereading and self-correctingElaborationsusing pri...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Helpful Kangaroo has been added.
Addition by Paul (Teach Starter) Jan 27th, 2020
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!