A set of 7 posters that display different decoding strategies.
- Envision – Uses pictures to help read the words.
- Dr Stretch – Sounds out each letter of the word and then blends them together.
- Numero Uno – Focuses on saying the first sound.
- Leaper – Leaps over unknown words and the returns to the start.
- Chunkinator – Break words into chunks of letters that make known sounds.
- Flipster – Flips the vowel sound to be long or short.
- Re-tracer – Re-traces reading and begins the sentence again, this time trying something different.
Australian Curriculum alignment
Read an increasing range of different types of texts by combining contextual, semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge, using text processing strategies, for example monitoring, predicting, confirming, rereading, reading on and self-correctingElabo...
Read different types of texts by combining contextual , semantic, grammatical and phonic knowledge using text processing strategies for example monitoring meaning, cross checking and reviewingElaborationsreading new and different kinds of texts with...
Navigate and read texts for specific purposes applying appropriate text processing strategies, for example predicting and confirming, monitoring meaning, skimming and scanningElaborationsbringing subject and technical vocabulary and concept knowledge...
Select, navigate and read texts for a range of purposes, applying appropriate text processing strategies and interpreting structural features, for example table of contents, glossary, chapters, headings and subheadingsElaborationsbringing subject and...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!