A set of 2 posters outlining the features of a map.
This set of 2 teaching posters outlines the features of a map using the acronym BOLTSS.
- Border – where the edges of the map are.
- Orientation – what direction is north (up, down etc).
- Legend – shows what the symbols mean.
- Title – describes the map.
- Scale – how big is the actual distance compared to the map?
- Source – who made the map?
You may also like these resources:
53 mapping vocabulary word wall cards.
Pirate Page Border with map picture.