A 10 slide PowerPoint about the New Horizons Mission to Pluto and beyond.
What a fantastic way to encourage children to have discussions about real world events. Use this PowerPoint to have a classroom discussion about the New Horizons Mission and Pluto.
This PowerPoint includes:
- Timeline of events leading up to the New Horizons journey past Pluto
- Amazing facts about the mission
- Images of Pluto plus a link to more amazing images
- Extra classroom activities
You may also like the following resources:
A pack of space themed posters and decorations for your classroom.
- Slide 2 – JHUAPL / SwRI
- Slide 3 – Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Southwest Research Institute
- Slide 4 – Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Southwest Research Institute (JHUAPL/SwRI)
- Slide 5 – NASA/JHUAPL/SWRI
- Slide 8 – http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/recent-measurements-of-pluto-and-charon-obtained-by-new-horizons
- Slide 9 – NASA-JHUAPL-SwRI