A fun activity to use during the first week of school that encourages students to introduce themselves and to think about numbers.
Use this teaching resource during the first week of school to get to know your students and to assess their ability to write their own name and numbers 0-10. This first week of school activity is also ideal to use as a classroom display.
Use this template to create a concertina by following these simple steps:
- Select the school font required and choose from the selection of boy and girl designs.
- Read aloud each incomplete sentence. Explain how to complete each sentence.
- Ask your students to shade the face of the template to look like themselves. You might like to use craft materials.
- Cut along the dotted line.
- Fold along the bold lines to create a concertina.
- Display in the classroom by hanging with pegs along a length of a string.
Alternatively, an editable version of the resource has been provided, as well as a version where a photo of an individual student may be added.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!