A set of 15 vocabulary cards and matching pictures in a picnic theme.
Ideal to use in the classroom as a small group activity before going on a picnic. This resource can also be used as a ‘snap’ game or to create a vocabulary word wall.
How to use this resource:
- Select the font and colour option required for your class.
- Print and cut the cards. The cards can be printed on thicker card for added durability.
- Use as a ‘snap’ game, match-up activity or to create a word wall.
- What comes next? – Ask the children to write a simple sentence about going on a picnic by using the vocabulary cards.
The PDF includes colour and black and white versions.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Communication, language and literacy
- Early Years Foundation Stage
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
Children read and understand simple sentences. They use phonic knowledge to decode regular words and read them aloud accurately. They also read some common irregular words. They demonstrate understanding when talking with others about what they...
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
- Word reading
Playing with Words and Numbers in Early Education. Games, activities and teaching resources for lower years teachers.
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!