A set of cute cards to use when learning about the planets.
Print the planet cards on thicker cardboard for added durability.
Some ways you could use these cards include:
- Memory Game – turn the cards face down in a jumbled up fashion. Players take turns at turning over two cards at a time to try and match a pair.
- Planet Order – Place the planets in order from the closet to the Sun. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune.
- Colour Sort- group the planets with common colours.
- Alphabetical Order- Order the planets in alphabetical order.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
The principal focus of science teaching in key stage 1 is to enable pupils to experience and observe phenomena, looking more closely at the natural and humanly-constructed world around them. They should be encouraged to be curious and ask questions a...
The principal focus of science teaching in lower key stage 2 is to enable pupils to broaden their scientific view of the world around them. They should do this through exploring, talking about, testing and developing ideas about everyday phenomena an...
Our products help children learn, build confidence, develop vocabulary and early learning skills, find a sense of self and better understand the world around them.
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!