A 25 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching your students about equivalent fractions.
Fractions can be a challenging concept for students to grasp.
This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students how to identify and create equivalent fractions. It covers the following content:
- a general review of fractions
- an explanation of unit fractions, equivalent fractions, reducing to lowest terms, improper fractions and mixed numerals
- an annotated, step-by-step example for each concept
- a whole-class activity for each concept
- an individual review activity for each concept.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in lower key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils become increasingly fluent with whole numbers and the four operations, including number facts and the concept of place value. This should ensure that pupils dev...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in upper key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils extend their understanding of the number system and place value to include larger integers. This should develop the connections that pupils make between multipl...
- Fractions (including decimals and percentages)
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Update of PowerPoint template design.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) May 24th, 2020
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!