A 25 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching your students about equivalent fractions.
Fractions can be a challenging concept for students to grasp.
This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students how to identify and create equivalent fractions. It covers the following content:
- a general review of fractions
- an explanation of unit fractions, equivalent fractions, reducing to lowest terms, improper fractions and mixed numerals
- an annotated, step-by-step example for each concept
- a whole-class activity for each concept
- an individual review activity for each concept.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Fractions (including decimals and percentages)
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in lower key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils become increasingly fluent with whole numbers and the four operations, including number facts and the concept of place value. This should ensure that pupils dev...
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in upper key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils extend their understanding of the number system and place value to include larger integers. This should develop the connections that pupils make between multipl...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Update of PowerPoint template design.
Change by Stephanie (Teach Starter) May 24th, 2020
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!