A 60 minute assessment designed to assess student learning.
- Students to remove all materials from their desks, except for those required for the assessment.
- Students to be seated in such a way that they cannot copy the work of other students.
- Students should not be allowed to speak once the assessment papers have been distributed.
- Students may ask questions but should not be given any assistance to complete tasks.
- Students must complete the assessment in the allocated time, as decided by the teacher.
- Teachers should frequently monitor students as they complete the assessment.
Suggested Assessment Strategies
- used strategic whole class or individual questioning
- observed student participation during learning activities
- recorded student progress on a checklist
- annotated student work samples
- collected and reviewed student work samples
- facilitated whole class or peer feedback sessions
- encouraged student self-reflection
- administered formal assessment tasks.
Find more resources for these topics...