Limited time only 50% off! Enter the coupon code backtoschool50 at the checkout. View plans

Success! This resource has been created.

Open Ended Maths Tasks with extensions for high achievers Complete

by Elsie Stoel

I have many students who aren’t very good at problem solving or worded questions. Open ended questions enable the students to work and be challenged at their level. Could they be questions we could laminate and put in an early finishers tub? Thanks 🙂

Year 4 / Numeracy

Comments & feedback

What do you think of this request? Would you love to use it too?

• I would use it but would love to see it at a range of levels beginning from Year 1 . Thank you

Comment by Bev Ralph on April 15, 2017 at 8:47 am

• Begun using open ended questions in my Mathematics pre-tests. My low ability students are struggling with the concept. Would love to see this differentiated for the various levels present in the classroom.

Comment by Melissa Akamatis on April 22, 2017 at 10:00 am

• I would definitely love to see some openended maths investigation/inquiries I can put in a tub for my Year 5 students for extension. Thankyou! : )

Comment by Lorraine Magee on April 30, 2017 at 2:42 pm

• For Year 6 as well 🙂

Comment by Angel Hanna on July 22, 2017 at 3:08 pm

• Me too please!

Comment by Kiarna Smith on July 30, 2017 at 2:53 pm

• I would love this for my year 6 class

Comment by Kate Hines-Perry on July 22, 2017 at 8:20 pm

• Hi Elsie,

Thanks again for requesting a Teach Starter resource and thank you to everyone else for voting!

We have completed your request and it is ready for you to download here: https://www.teachstarter.com/teaching-resource-collection/open-ended-tasks/

If you have any questions or require any changes to this resource, simply reply to this comment and I’ll be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Jill

Official comment by Jill (Teach Starter) on September 29, 2017 at 7:44 pm

• Hi Elsie,

Kind regards,
    Jill

Official comment by Jill (Teach Starter) on September 29, 2017 at 7:48 pm

You must be logged in to post a comment.