Free Download: 10 Spelling Strategies Posters
Educational posters to remind your students of the different spelling strategies.
Print, cut and laminate these Spelling Strategy Posters. Display them in your classroom and use them as prompts for students when completing spelling activities.
This set of educational posters includes strategies such as:
- Syllables – Break the word into syllables. Most often a syllable will contain a vowel.
- Blends – Are there blends in the word that can help you?
- Rhyming words – Think of a word you know that rhymes.
- Base words – Can you find smaller words inside the word?
- Ask for help – Ask someone next to you or the teacher for help.
- Displays – Look at the displays around our room and use them to help you.
- Dictionary – Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Beginning, middle and end sounds – Say the word to yourself and write the sounds you hear at the beginning, middle and end.
- Prefixes and Suffixes – Does the word have a prefix or suffix that you already know.
- Does it look right? – Write the words on a piece of scrap paper to see if it looks right.
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why over 100,000 teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Share this teaching resource
Do you have friends missing out on Teach Starter? Easily share this teaching resource with your friends and colleagues using the links below.
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!