Are you looking for a fun Easter craft activity? Your students will love creating these Easter baskets to leave on their desks in hopes of the Easter Bunny visiting in those last few days of school!
You might like to go all out and create the Easter Bunny’s footprints around the classroom as well – my students loved coming into the classroom the next morning to find some chocolate eggs left in their baskets and a letter from the Easter Bunny.
Here’s what to do:
- Download our Easter basket craft activity template.
- Cut along the dotted line at the top of the template. This is the handle. Put it to one side.
- Cut out the second strip on the template. This is the rim of your basket. You will need this soon.
- Cut out the 7 strips of paper.
- Glue 1a onto the 1a rectangle on the rim of the basket. Make sure you only glue the strip to just cover the small rectangle on the rim of the basket.
- Glue 2a onto the 2a rectangle on the rim of the basket.
- Continue until all 7 strips of paper are glued to the rim of the basket, covering the first seven small rectangles (1a-7a)
- Next, glue 1b onto the 1b rectangle on the rim of the basket.
- Continue until both ends of the 7 strips of paper are glued onto the rim of the basket forming a small basket.
- Glue each end of the handle onto the basket.
- Use the flowers and/or eggs provided to decorate your basket or create your own decorations.