Thanks to Hannah from @missgirlingsclassroom for this fantastic art idea! Head on over and like her Instagram page for further awesome classroom activities and ideas!
What you need:
- Yellow edicol dye
- Green paint
- Watercolor paints
- Brown paper/card
- Googly eyes
- Black marker
What to do:
- Firstly, create the background by dying a piece of paper yellow using edicol dye.
- Students trace their feet to create the outline of a footprint.
- Next, students use watercolor paint to paint the inside of the footprint. Once dry, cut the footprint out.
- Draw a branch on brown paper, cut it out and stick it onto the background.
- Stick the colorful footprint on the branch and add feathers for the tail.
- Add googly eyes and draw a beak with a marker.
- Paint a piece of paper with different green paints. Once dry, cut out leaf shapes and add them to the picture to create the rainforest look.