A fun sausage dog themed place value activity to use in the classroom when sequencing numbers from 1 to 9.
To make this resource:
- Print, cut and laminate the head and tail of the sausage dog, as well as the individual number sequencing cards.
- Print, cut and laminate the number expander then fold to create a concertina tummy and attach to the dog’s head and tail.
- Attach loop velcro dots to the back of each number card and hook velcro dots to each rectangle on the number expander.
- Provide students with a complete set of the sausage dog and number sequencing cards. Students then use the cards to sequence the numbers from 1 to 9.
- Alternatively, students can sequence the number cards on the floor from 1 to 9 with the dog’s head at the start and its tail at the end.
Choose between using numerals with dots or numbers written in words.
A black and white version has been provided for students to create their own. Use the blank expanders for students to write their own numbers.
Older students may like to use the blank template as a skip counting sequencing activity.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!