A template for students to create their own “Roll to Create” activity.
Download and print this template for your students to create their own “Roll to Create” activity. This teaching resource is also available as an editable MS Word version so you can create exactly the kind of activity you need!
- Decide what you are going to create (e.g. a monster, a building, a person etc.).
- Decide on six different parts or features that are needed to create it and write them in the empty row across the top of the chart (e.g. head, arms, legs).
- Draw six different options for each in the columns of the chart.
- Roll the die. Match the number rolled to a row on the chart, and see which part or feature is in the ‘1st Roll’ column. Draw it onto a blank piece of paper.
- Roll again. Match the number to a row on the chart, and see which part or feature is in the ‘2nd Roll’ column. Add this to your drawing.
- Continue in this same manner until you have all of the parts or features.
- Decorate your creation, create a background around it, and choose a crazy name.
- Write a piece of text that includes what you have created.
Use our Blank Roll to Create activity as a writing stimulus in your writing center.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!