Calculating Discounts PowerPoint
A 21 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when teaching discounts to your students.
This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students how to calculate simple discounts (10%, 25%, 50%) by converting the discount to either a fraction or a decimal. It covers the following content:
- an introduction to discounts, including some everyday examples of when discounts may be applied
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a fraction
- an explanation of how to calculate discounts by converting the discount rate to a decimal
- an explanation of how to calculate sale price by subtracting the discount
- example questions to be completed as a class
- review questions for students to complete independently.
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Share this teaching resource
Do you have friends missing out on Teach Starter? Easily share this teaching resource with your friends and colleagues using the links below.
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Find more resources for these topics...
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!
Go Ultimate and you will be eligible to claim two free sticker books, delivered to your door (while stocks last).
Not an Ultimate Plan member? Upgrade now...
Terms & Conditions: The free sticker books offer is only available to active Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on 6 December 2018 and closes when stock runs out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal details via an online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend, or end a promotion at any time without notice.