A set of 10 ad-lib style stories for students to complete.
Your students will love creating hilarious stories with these Comical Chronicles!
These ad-lib style stories allow your students to practice using different parts of speech such as verbs, nouns, adjectives, and prepositions. You can choose a worksheet that focuses on a specific part of speech or one that has a combination of them.
Ways to use this resource:
HINT: Putting these in a write and wipe pocket will make them durable and reusable!
- Partner A asks Partner B for the words on the sheet (adjective, noun, etc.) and writes them in the blanks.
- Partner B fills in the story with the words chosen.
- Partner A reads the comical chronicle out loud.
- Partners switch roles.
- Students fold the paper in half so they cannot see what the story is about.
- Students fill in the blanks with the words called for then write them into the story.
- Students read their comical chronicle.
These make a great activity for your writing centers or for fast finishers!