A confident fox displaying different words that can be used for that emotion.
Use this poster to encourage your students to write something other than confident all of the time.
This poster is part of series including:
- Happy Dog – cheerful, elated, ecstatic, jubilant, thrilled, pleased, delighted, merry, and joyous.
- Sad Donkey – gloomy, depressed, sorrowful, unhappy, miserable, and melancholy.
- Angry Bull – irate, furious, cross, infuriated, outraged, irritated, enraged, and annoyed.
- Lonely Turtle – isolated, desolate, and solitary.
- Sorry Panda – regretful, apologetic, remorseful, and sorrowful.
- Shy Mouse – bashful, timid, hesitant, unassertive, introverted, and apprehensive.
- Scared Cat – frightened, petrified, terrified, startled, worried, nervous, anxious, and fearful.
- Confident Fox – bold, self-assured, brave, assertive, and secure.
- Interested Meerkat – curious, thoughtful, and inquisitive.
- Love Bunny – adore, idolize, like, respect, and have great affection for.
You can download all of these posters in our poster pack!
Common Core Curriculum alignment
Demonstrate understanding of words by relating them to their opposites (antonyms) and to words with similar but not identical meanings (synonyms).
With guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing. (Editing for conventions should demonstrate command of Language standards 1-3 up to and including grade 3 here.)
With guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing. (Editing for conventions should demonstrate command of Language standards 1-3 up to and including grade 4 here.)
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!