A holiday craft activity where students create an ornament.
Looking for a fun craft activity for your students to make and give as a gift this holiday season? Then this is the craft for you!
Before your students create the ornament, you may like to have them decorate the strips of paper by either writing things they are grateful for or things they love about the holidays.
How to create the holiday ornament:
- Students cut out the strips of paper.
- Once all of the strips have been cut out, students stack the strips of paper on top of one another and use a hole punch to create a hole on the small cross at each end of the paper strips.
- Use a split pin through each of the holes to keep the strips of paper together.
- Gently fan out the paper to create a sphere shape.
- Students cut out the holly or star (depending on which they choose) and attach it to the top of the ornament with ribbon.
You may also like these ornament templates:
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!