A set of 3 worksheets to help your students identify descriptive and figurative language in narrative texts.
Students read the three narrative texts provided and color code the descriptive and figurative language features. These include:
- using a range of verb types, written in past tense
- using adjectives and adverbs to describe nouns and verbs
- using imagery (simile, metaphor, personification, onomatopoeia)
- using emotive words and phrases
- using direct speech
- using connecting words and phrases to link events together.
The texts included are:
- The Thunderstorm
- The Forest Path
- The Park.
Answers for teachers are also provided.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!