A set of 3 worksheets to help your students identify descriptive and figurative language in narrative texts.
Students read the three narrative texts provided and color code the descriptive and figurative language features. These include:
- using a range of verb types, written in past tense
- using adjectives and adverbs to describe nouns and verbs
- using imagery (simile, metaphor, personification, onomatopoeia)
- using emotive words and phrases
- using direct speech
- using connecting words and phrases to link events together.
The texts included are:
- The Thunderstorm
- The Forest Path
- The Park.
Answers for teachers are also provided.
How do I print this teaching resource?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!