International Travel Diary Pack Holiday ProjectTo download this premium resource Sign up to Teach Starter Not ready for a premium account? Browse free resources.
A collection of activities for students to create a project based on their trip away outside of the classroom.
This teaching resource is a great collection of activities to cater for those students who are away on their holidays abroad. Teachers are often asked to provide homework for students, by parents who want to be proactive while their children are out of classroom. Whether it is during the school term or just over the holidays, this holiday project is a great way to engage students in their learning, but also allow them a creative outlet to share their holiday when they come back.
This project kit includes activities to support students in: organising, planning, timetables, art, time zones, measurement, geography, history, time, reading, film reviewing, geometry, critiquing and reflecting, writing, grammar, vocabulary, mapping, currency and money, LOTE.
The following project activities include:
- Travel Passport
- Travel Book Collage
- Travel Comic Cover Page
- Preparation Checklist
- Preparation Time and Weight
- Flight Log Plane Information and Direction of Flight
- Flight Log World Clock
- Weekly Planner
- Book Review
- Movie Review
- Character Study
- Attraction Review Cards
- Diary Entry Planner
- Diary Entry
- Extra Ideas Page
- Vocabulary Glossary
- Time Zone Map
- Continent Tracking Map
Before issuing this resource, make sure you go over the following steps:
- Discuss with your student how long they are going to be away for and what their trip will involve, (flights, places, duration…).
- Read over the resource and choose which parts you think would be appropriate for your student and their abilities.
- Look over the checklist with your student or students parent and see how many of each sheet you need to print. Some pages need to be printed multiple time such as the flight log and the diary entry sheet. You might need to give them some spare copies if you think appropriate.
- The amount of countries visited will also determine how many pages in the passport that will be needed.
- Discuss the best way to lay out their work, what kind of workbook will be appropriate to use. For the passport, this can be printed as a mini booklet, or can be cut out and pasted in a smaller sized book.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
- Travel Pack Color
- Travel Pack Black And White
- Passport Color
- Passport Low Color
- Passport Black And White
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Share this teaching resource
Do you have friends missing out on Teach Starter? Share this teaching resource with your friends and colleagues!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!