A little book of activities for the number 9.
Number recognition is a crucial skill for students and sets them up for success in math. Use this teaching resource when introducing your students to the number 9.
Print and fold the paper along the lines, creating a small book of activities for your students to enjoy.
- Trace It – students trace the number and word
- Circle It – students circle the number and word
- Count and Color – students color the correct number of apples
- Show It – students show the value of the number on the ten frames
- One More and One Less – students generate a number that is one more and one less
- Find It – students find the number in the word search (the number appears multiple times).
This resource is perfect when used as a math center activity.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
Common Core Curriculum alignment
When counting objects, say the number names in the standard order, pairing each object with one and only one number name and each number name with one and only one object.
Understand that each successive number name refers to a quantity that is one larger.
Compose and decompose numbers from 11 to 19 into ten ones and some further ones, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each composition or decomposition by a drawing or equation (such as 18 = 10 + 8); understand that these numbers are compos...
Decompose numbers less than or equal to 10 into pairs in more than one way, e.g., by using objects or drawings, and record each decomposition by a drawing or equation (e.g., 5 = 2 + 3 and 5 = 4 + 1).
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!