A 10-slide PowerPoint about the New Horizons Mission to Pluto and beyond.
What a fantastic way to encourage children to have discussions about real world events! Use this PowerPoint to have a classroom discussion about the New Horizons Mission and Pluto.
This PowerPoint includes:
- Timeline of events leading up to the New Horizons journey past Pluto.
- Amazing facts about the mission.
- Images of Pluto plus a link to more amazing images.
- Extra classroom activities.
You may also like the following resources:
- Slide 2 – JHUAPL / SwRI
- Slide 3 – Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Southwest Research Institute
- Slide 4 – Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Southwest Research Institute (JHUAPL/SwRI)
- Slide 5 – NASA/JHUAPL/SWRI
- Slide 8 – http://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/recent-measurements-of-pluto-and-charon-obtained-by-new-horizons
- Slide 9 – NASA-JHUAPL-SwRI
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!