A fun, hands-on activity using a die and a chart to create a crazy creature.
This is such a versatile, fun activity for any classroom. Use as a number recognition or subitizing activity in the lower grades, or use in the Language Arts classroom in the upper years by having students write a comic using our Comic Strip Templates that incorporates their completed creature.
- Roll a die and match the number on the die with a row on the chart.
- See which body shape is on that row (in the “1st Roll” column).
- Draw that body shape onto a piece of paper.
- Roll again, match the number to a row on the chart and see which eyes are on that row (in
the “2nd Roll” column).
- Draw those eyes onto the body of your creature.
- Continue until you have each of the parts you need for your creature.
- Decorate your creature, create a background around it, and choose a crazy creature name!
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!