A set of 16 posters ready for your students to add synonyms to.
This poster pack is great for class vocabulary activities. Simply print and laminate these posters and encourage students to come up with their own words to add to the posters.
This poster pack includes examples of common emotional states:
- having fun
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
Common Core State Standards alignment
- Grade 1 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Literature > Craft and Structure > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.1.4
Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses....
- Grade 3 > English Language Arts Standards > Reading: Literature > Key Ideas and Details > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RL.3.3
Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events...
- Grade 3 > English Language Arts Standards > Writing > Text Types and Purposes > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.3 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.3.3.B
Use dialogue and descriptions of actions, thoughts, and feelings to develop experiences and events or show the response of characters to situations....
- Grade 3 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Vocabulary Acquisition and Use > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.5 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.3.5.C
Distinguish shades of meaning among related words that describe states of mind or degrees of certainty (e.g., knew, believed, suspected, heard, wondered)....
- Grade 4 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Vocabulary Acquisition and Use > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.5 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.4.5.C
Demonstrate understanding of words by relating them to their opposites (antonyms) and to words with similar but not identical meanings (synonyms)....
- Grade 5 > English Language Arts Standards > Language > Vocabulary Acquisition and Use > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.5 > CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.L.5.5.C
Use the relationship between particular words (e.g., synonyms, antonyms, homographs) to better understand each of the words....
Photos of this resource, shared by teachers, parents and the Teach Starter team!
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!