Educational posters to remind your students of the different spelling strategies.
Print, cut and laminate these Spelling Strategy Posters. Display them in your classroom and use them as prompts for students when completing spelling activities.
This set of educational posters includes strategies such as:
- Syllables – Break the word into syllables. Most often a syllable will contain a vowel.
- Blends – Look for blends in the words.
- Rhyming words – Think of a word you know that rhymes.
- Base words – Look for small words inside the word.
- Ask for help – Ask someone next to you or the teacher for help.
- Displays – Look at the displays around the room and use them to help you.
- Dictionary – Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Beginning, middle and end sounds – Say the word to yourself and write the sounds you hear at the beginning, middle and end.
- Prefixes and suffixes – Look for a prefix or suffix in the word that you already know.
- Does it look right? – Write the words on a piece of scrap paper to see if it looks right.
Plan to inspire every child with hundreds of teacher planning and wellness stickers or one of two merit sticker books. Get your free book with a Teach Plus plan.Upgrade to Teach Plus and claim → Learn more
Free Sticker Books Terms & Conditions: The free sticker book offer is only available for 1 claim per active Plus & Ultimate plan members during the promotional period commencing on the 6th December 2019 and closes when stocks run out. To claim the promotional gift, claimants must validate their postal address via our online form. Teach Starter reserves the right to change, amend or end a promotion at any time without notice.
Use this teacher resource as part of your teacher diary to help you plan your year. Print and display the monthly overview in A4 or A3 size as a part of your classroom calendar. This is an easy way to remind your students of important dates and upcoming events.
by Jill (Teach Starter) Jul 26th, 2018
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!