A set of 24 measurement conversion task cards to use as a whole class scoot activity.
Use this whole class activity to review or reinforce measurement conversions within the customary and metric systems while still being active.
How to play a Scoot Game:
- Print out the task cards and student recording sheet. Cut out the task cards and place one card on each desk or tape on the walls around the room. Make sure the cards are placed an equal distance apart and in order from 1–24.
- Give each student a recording sheet to write their answers on. Assign each student a number (1–24) as their starting card.
- Provide an allotted amount of time for students to answer each card. Make sure to remind students to write their answer in the numbered box that matches the number on their card. Only 1 student in the room will begin writing their answers starting at #1. When time for each card is up, use a signal (e.g. blow a whistle, ring a bell, clap your hands, flick the lights on and off) to tell the students to move to the next card.
- Students will move in the same direction and follow numerical order, e.g. if a student is at card #5, they will move to card #6 when the teacher gives the signal.
- Play continues until the students return back to the card they started at.
This resource can also be used as a math center activity to reinforce measurement conversion. Simply use them as task cards instead of scoot.
This resource includes:
- 24 task cards
- 1 student recording sheet
- 1 answer key.
Use the drop-down arrow to choose between the color or black and white version.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in upper key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils extend their understanding of the number system and place value to include larger integers. This should develop the connections that pupils make between multipl...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!