A fun sausage dog themed place value activity to use in the classroom when sequencing numbers from 1 to 9.
To make this resource:
- Print, cut and laminate the head and tail of the sausage dog, as well as the individual number sequencing cards.
- Print, cut and laminate the number expander then fold to create a concertina tummy and attach to the dog’s head and tail.
- Attach loop velcro dots to the back of each number card and hook velcro dots to each rectangle on the number expander.
- Provide students with a complete set of the sausage dog and number sequencing cards. Students then use the cards to sequence the numbers from 1 to 9.
- Alternatively, students can sequence the number cards on the floor from 1 to 9 with the dog’s head at the start and its tail at the end.
Choose between using numerals with dots or numbers written in words.
A black and white version has been provided for students to create their own. Use the blank expanders for students to write their own numbers.
Older students may like to use the blank template as a skip counting sequencing activity.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!