A set of nine worksheets where students demonstrate their understanding of various 2D shapes.
A one-stop-shop for consolidating understanding of 2D shapes and their properties.
Students complete the activities on the worksheets which include:
- Trace It: Trace over dotted versions of the shape.
- Write It: Write the name of the shape.
- Finish It: Complete the outline of each shape.
- Slide It, Flip It, Turn It: Draw the example shape with these transformations applied.
- Complete It: Finish the sentence by writing in the correct number of corners and edges.
- Find It: Identify the focus shape among a group of others.
Shapes included are:
Print pages individually or make up a booklet that students can complete over multiple maths lessons.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in key stage 1 is to ensure that pupils develop confidence and mental fluency with whole numbers, counting and place value. This should involve working with numerals, words and the four operations, includin...
- Properties of shapes
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!