A fun match-up activity to consolidate your students’ knowledge of 2D shapes and their properties.
In this teaching resource, students match 2D shapes and properties.
Ways to use this shape activity:
- Print out, cut and laminate the 2D Shape Match – Shapes and store them in a ziplock bag. Print out and laminate the 2D Shape Match mat. Students must find and match the 2D shape and its name or property.
- Print out and laminate the 2D Shape Match mat. Give each student a set of the small shape reward erasers, and have them match the shape with the name or property on the mat.
- Print out and laminate the 2D Shape Match mat. Give each student a set of pattern blocks, and have them match the shape with the name or property on the mat.
- Print out the 2D Shape Match mat. Hang it on a magnetic board. Give the students a set of shape magnets to use. The students will place the matching magnetic shape inside each box.
This activity works well as a maths warm-up or when students are working in small groups.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in key stage 1 is to ensure that pupils develop confidence and mental fluency with whole numbers, counting and place value. This should involve working with numerals, words and the four operations, includin...
- Properties of shapes
- Shape, space and measures
Children use everyday language to talk about size, weight, capacity, position, distance, time and money to compare quantities and objects and to solve problems. They recognise, create and describe patterns. They explore characteristics of every...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!