A set of 24 match-up cards to reinforce a range of measurement concepts.
Use this hands-on teaching resource to consolidate your students’ understanding of length, mass and capacity, temperature, volume and area. It would make a perfect addition to your collection of numeracy games!
Make me a match!
This match-up game contains two different types of cards: picture cards and measurement cards. The picture cards must be matched to the exact measurement in order to make a pair. For example:
- the length of blank ant = 5 mm
- the capacity of a mug = 250 mL
- the mass of child = 20 kg
- the temperature of a refrigerator = 4 degrees Celsius
- the area of a smartphone screen = 100 square centimetres
- the volume of a cake of soap = 60 cubic centimetres.
One resource, multiple possibilities…
This versatile resource can be used for a range of whole class, group/pair or individual activities.
- Whole class – provide each student with a card, then have the students find their ‘measurement match’. For an extra challenge, make the activity a race, or ask the students to complete the task in silence!
- Groups or pairs – allow the students to use the cards to play a variety of card games, such as ‘Memory’, ‘Snap’ and ‘Go Fish’.
- Individual – allow the students to work individually to match the picture cards with the measurement cards.
Need something easier?
For students requiring consolidation of earlier measurement concepts, use the Length, Mass and Capacity version of this resource:
A set of 18 match-up cards to reinforce measurement concepts of length, mass and capacity.