A 12 slide editable PowerPoint template to use when introducing percentages to your students.
Percentages can be a challenging concept for students to grasp.
This PowerPoint presentation has been designed to teach your students about percentages and their equivalence with fractions and decimals. It covers the following content:
- an overview of how and where percentges are used in everyday life
- an explanation of percentages and how they relate to fractions and decimals
- illustrated examples of percentage, fraction and decimal equivalence
- review questions for students.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in upper key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils extend their understanding of the number system and place value to include larger integers. This should develop the connections that pupils make between multipl...
- Fractions (including decimals and percentages)
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!