A 20-page workbook for students to document the highlights of the Olympic Games.
Look no further… the ultimate Olympic Games resource is right here!
Spark your students’ enthusiasm and interest in the world’s most celebrated sporting event with this Olympic Games Daily Diary. What a great memento for your students to keep for years to come!
Look inside, there is so much to find!
This resource contains 20 chock-a-block pages for your students to record key facts and highlights on each and every day of the Games. Some of the regular features include:
- My Country’s Medal Tally
- Today’s Events
- Athlete in the Spotlight
- Star Performers
- Memorable Moments
- Records Broken
The diary also includes specific pages dedicated to the host country/city, the opening ceremony and the closing ceremony.
How might I use this resource with my students?
Teachers may choose to use this resource in a variety of ways. If you’re not sure where to start, you might like to try the following suggestion.
- Create the diaries (see instructions below) and distribute to your class several days before the Games begin. This will provide students with the opportunity to research the host country/city and to build some anticipation around the event.
- Each morning during the Games, take some time (10 minutes) to discuss the events of the previous day and those of the day ahead. Allow the students to complete the relevant page in the diary. If possible, allow the students to access online news sites to ensure that their information is accurate and up to date.
- Encourage the students to take their diaries home over the weekends so they can continue documenting the key events of the Games.
How should I print this resource?
This resource has been created as an A4 PDF to optimise your choices when compiling the diary. You may choose to include all pages, or you might like to pick and choose which pages to include… the choice is yours!
- To create an A4 version, print the resource double-sided at true A4 size, then staple together.
- To create an A5 version, print the resource double-sided using the ‘Booklet’ function in your printer options, then fold and staple together.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!