A visual display for your classroom to help students ‘bump up’ their persuasive writing.
The aim of this visible learning classroom display is to help students ‘bump up’ their persuasive writing. The display enables students to identify the approximate level of a persuasive text they have written, then use the goals provided to ‘uplevel’ their writing.
Print, cut and laminate each component of the display. This display includes:
- a title banner
- four example texts of varying levels (simple to complex)
- statements describing the structural and language features included in each example text
- goals for ‘bumping up’ each example text.
To create the display:
- Print out (and laminate) all of the components.
- Place the title banner at the top of the display.
- Place the texts in order (1-4) horizontally.
- List the ‘This piece of writing includes…’ statements vertically underneath the corresponding text.
- List the ‘This piece of writing could be improved by…’ goals vertically underneath the corresponding text.
Use the drop-down menu to select the following download options:
A version of this teaching resource document can be opened and edited in Microsoft Word, allowing you to add your own custom content.How do I open and edit this Word document?
"I love teach starter and am so thankful to have found such a great resource collection. The fee is only a few hours pay and I saved myself that much work within the first 15 minutes!" ~ Nanci, a happy Teach Starter member.
Want to see why hundreds of thousands of teachers love Teach Starter? Download a FREE 200+ page pack of premium Teach Starter teaching resources.
National Curriculum in England alignment
Find more resources for these topics
Comments & Reviews
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!