A visual display for your classroom to help students ‘bump up’ their persuasive writing.
The aim of this visible learning classroom display is to help students ‘bump up’ their persuasive writing. The display enables students to identify the approximate level of a persuasive text they have written, then use the goals provided to ‘uplevel’ their writing.
Print and cut each component of the display. This display includes:
- a title banner
- four example texts of varying levels (simple to complex)
- statements describing the structural and language features included in each example text
- goals for ‘bumping up’ each example text.
To create the display:
- Print out all of the components.
- Place the title banner at the top of the display.
- Place the texts in order (1-4) horizontally.
- List the ‘This piece of writing includes…’ statements vertically underneath the corresponding text.
- List the ‘This piece of writing could be improved by…’ goals vertically underneath the corresponding text.
To print the banner:
- Open the PDF file you have just downloaded, in Adobe Reader.
- In Adobe Reader, click on the printer icon to bring up the print dialogue box.
- With the print dialogue box opens, click on the ‘Poster’ tab.
- Next, adjust the ‘Tile Scale’ until you have the desired layout displaying in the preview section.
- Once you’re happy with the preview layout, click ‘Print’!
NSW Curriculum alignment
Composes, edits and presents well-structured and coherent texts
Victorian Curriculum alignment
Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive print and multimodal texts, choosing text structures, language features, images and sound appropriate to purpose and audience
Australian Curriculum alignment
Plan, draft and publish imaginative, informative and persuasive print and multimodal texts, choosing text structures, language features, images and sound appropriate to purpose and audienceElaborationsusing research from print and digital resources t...
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Incorrect spelling of 'relevant' corrected on page 12 of the Colour and Low Colour PDF versions of the resource. (Note: This error was not present on the Microsoft Word versions).
Fix by Stephanie (Teach Starter) Feb 28th, 2021
Changed this resource from 'Upper Years' to 'Year 5'. Small updates to the texts to improve consistency across the different year level Persuasive Writing Bump It Up Walls.
Change by Tom (Teach Starter) Jan 13th, 2020
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!