A poster highlighting some examples of primary sources.
- Artefacts: Coins, plant specimens, fossils, furniture, tools, clothing, objects from the period being studied.
- Audio recordings: Radio programs
- Interviews: Oral histories, telephone, email.
- Newspaper articles
- Original documents: Birth certificates, wills, marriage certificates, trial transcripts.
- Records of organisations or government agencies: Annual reports, treaties, constitutions, government documents.
- Survey research: Market surveys, public opinion polls.
- Audio recordings: Video programs.
- Works of art, literature and music: Paintings, sculptures, musical scores, buildings, novels, poems.
Write a review to help other teachers and parents like yourself. If you'd like to request a change to this resource, or report an error, select the corresponding tab above.