A set of 36 subtraction flashcards using single- and double-digit numbers.
The flashcards have been designed to practise the following strategies:
- counting on
- counting back
- using doubles facts
- subtracting 10 from a double-digit number
- using rainbow number facts to subtract from a number ending in a zero
- making tens, i.e. partitioning the subtrahend by heading towards a number that ends in zero
- using the inverse operation (fact families) to solve.
While most flashcards contain the minuend and subtrahend, some flashcards have one of these missing and provide the difference instead.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
The principal focus of mathematics teaching in lower key stage 2 is to ensure that pupils become increasingly fluent with whole numbers and the four operations, including number facts and the concept of place value. This should ensure that pupils dev...
- Addition and subtraction
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!