Young children experience feelings and emotions just liked adults, however, they often don’t have the vocabulary to accurately express how they are feeling at any given time. During times of feeling overwhelmed or scared, young children find it hard to navigate these sorts of emotions. However, there are many things that you can do to help children to express their emotions in different ways. Mood trackers are an easy way to track how children are feeling every day over a period of time. Adults may also enjoy tracking their emotions as well.
Our NEW printable mood tracker templates are a great way to monitor student emotions.
It’s also a great way for the adults around children to get an idea of how they are feeling and try to help them navigate those difficult emotions.
What are Mood Trackers?
A mood tracker is a simple template that encourages children to think about how they are feeling every day. Each day, they colour in an item based on the feelings they put at the bottom of the page. Our templates have enough items to cover a whole month of feelings.
- Help children express how they are feeling simply by colouring an item.
- Help teachers, parents, and carers around them keep track of their feelings.
- Provide an opportunity for discussions around why they are feeling a certain way.
- Help monitor and keep track if there are particular days that a child is feeling anxious/scared or sad.
Printable Mood Tracker Templates
Our collection of 12 printable mood tracker templates are super cute. That’s one for each month – a whole year of mood tracking! Each tracker has a theme:
- Space themed – planets.
- Sky themed – suns, rainbows, and clouds.
- Ninja themed – little ninjas.
- Hot air balloon themed – hot air balloons and clouds.
- Lolly jar themed – heart lollies.
- Gumball dispenser – gumballs.
- Paint themed – paintbrush and palette of paint.
- Emoji themed – faces.
- Ice-creme themed – different icecreams.
- Autumn themed – leaves.
- Diamond themed – diamonds.
- Ocean themed – fish.
During difficult times, it’s often easy to forget about how children are coping and feeling. These mood tracker templates are the perfect addition to school life or home life. You never know, you might find it beneficial tracking your emotions with them…