A fun and creative way to learn about how adjectives can be used to describe a character’s appearance and personality.
This teaching resource is ideal to use in the classroom when reading, deconstructing and responding to Literature.
After enjoying a shared reading experience of a Fairy Tale, Traditional Tale or other text of your choice:
- discuss how adjectives are used to give information about characters in the story
- identify adjectives within the text
- brainstorm adjectives that describe your chosen character
- complete the steps to create a character concertina
- make a vibrant classroom display.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Request a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!