A creative activity to encourage your students to set goals for the year ahead.
Use this activity to help your students set goals for their learning for the new school year.
Students identify four goals that they would like to achieve and record these on a poster.
How to use this goal setting template
- As a class, discuss the students’ goals for the upcoming school year. Encourage the students to identify goals for specific areas of schooling e.g. literacy, numeracy, extra-curricular, behaviour.
- Provide the students with the Dream Big! template (you may wish to enlarge this to A3 size).
- Take a photograph of the students for the photo frame provided, or encourage them to draw their own self-portrait.
- Support students in identifying and recording their goals in each of the thought bubbles around the photo frame.
- Once completed, encourage the students to share their Dream Big! posters with the class. These could remain on display in the classroom throughout the school year.