A set of educational posters showing common gender nouns in the English language.
Display these educational posters when students are learning about different gender nouns.
Word list includes:
- boy/ girl
- dad, daddy, father / mum, mummy, mother
- grandfather, papa / grandmother, nanna
- brother / sister
- grandson / granddaughter
- husband, bridegroom / wife, bride
- king / queen
- prince / princess
- man, male / woman, female
- nephew / niece
- uncle / aunt
- son / daughter
- son-in-law / daughter-in-law
- step-father, step-dad / step-mother, step-mum
- step-son / step-daughter
- actor / actress
- father-in-law / mother-in-law
- gentleman, sir / lady, madam
- wizard / witch
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
- Communication, language and literacy
- Early Years Foundation Stage
Children read and understand simple sentences. They use phonic knowledge to decode regular words and read them aloud accurately. They also read some common irregular words. They demonstrate understanding when talking with others about what they...
- Vocabulary, grammar and punctuation
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!