A 144 page comprehension resource pack to help students apply comprehension strategies when reading.
Using comprehension strategies is an important skill for students.
This teaching resource includes five comprehension task cards for each of the following strategies:
- identifying author’s purpose
- compare and contrast
- making inferences and drawing conclusions
- distinguishing between real and make-believe
- finding word meaning in context
- recognising cause and effect
- understanding sequencing
- distinguishing between fact and opinion
- finding the main idea
- making predictions
- recalling facts and details
This teaching resource includes:
- a set of 60 comprehension task cards; including a text to read and accompanying questions
- an enrichment task; where students use their creativity to make a product related to each text
- question worksheets for each text
- answers for teachers.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!