A checklist for students to refer to when displaying literacy bookwork. There are low colour and black and white versions, plus editable versions in case you need to add your own expectations.
Display this teaching resource in your classroom to help your students understand bookwork expectations.
The diagram and checklists adhere to the following literature standards:
- Rule a margin on each new page using red pen. Your margin should be standard ruler width (2½ cm).
- Rule a top line on each new page using red pen.
- Write the full date on the right side of your top line.
- Give your new task a heading and underline in red using a ruler.
- At the end of each piece of writing, leave a line and rule-off with red pen from the margin to the edge of the page.
- Make sure you have a new heading and date for each new piece of work.
- Worksheets to be neatly cut and glued into your book with no bits sticking out.
The editable version has been provided with a blank page for you to layout as you wish, along with editable text to scaffold for your class.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
English has a pre-eminent place in education and in society. A high-quality education in English will teach pupils to speak and write fluently so that they can communicate their ideas and emotions to others and through their reading and listening, ot...
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
- Key Stage 1 (KS1)
Key Stage 1 (KS1) covers students in Year 1 and Year 2.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!