A checklist for students to refer to when displaying literacy bookwork. There are low colour and black and white versions, plus editable versions in case you need to add your own expectations.
Display this teaching resource in your classroom to help your students understand bookwork expectations.
The diagram and checklists adhere to the following literature standards:
- Rule a margin on each new page using red pen. Your margin should be standard ruler width (2½ cm).
- Rule a top line on each new page using red pen.
- Write the full date on the right side of your top line.
- Give your new task a heading and underline in red using a ruler.
- At the end of each piece of writing, leave a line and rule-off with red pen from the margin to the edge of the page.
- Make sure you have a new heading and date for each new piece of work.
- Worksheets to be neatly cut and glued into your book with no bits sticking out.
The editable version has been provided with a blank page for you to layout as you wish, along with editable text to scaffold for your class.