A 12 slide editable PowerPoint template explaining the reading comprehension strategy of visualising.
This PowerPoint includes the following content:
- a definition of the strategy
- an explanation of how and when to use the strategy
- examples of metacognitive questions to ask when applying the strategy
- a guided, whole-class activity (based on a literary text)
- an activity for the students to complete independently.
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
National Curriculum Curriculum alignment
By the beginning of year 3, pupils should be able to read books written at an age-appropriate interest level. They should be able to read them accurately and at a speed that is sufficient for them to focus on understanding what they read rather than ...
By the beginning of year 5, pupils should be able to read aloud a wider range of poetry and books written at an age-appropriate interest level with accuracy and at a reasonable speaking pace. They should be able to read most words effortlessly and to...
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Lower covers students in Year 3 and Year 4.
- Key Stage 2 (KS2) – Upper
Key Stage 2 (KS2) - Upper covers students in Year 5 and Year 6.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!