An editable Word version and a blank PDF version of our Roll and Read game.
This editable teaching resource can be used in multiple ways, making it an extremely versatile addition to your collection! You might like to fill the editable grid with:
- sight words
- rhyming words
- words beginning or ending with a particular blend
- words containing a particular phoneme
- words beginning with a particular prefix
- words ending with a particular suffix
- words belonging to the same word family, or with the same etymology.
Students roll a die, then choose a word to read from the line that matches their roll. They then place a counter over the word they have read. Play continues until all the words have been read.
It is recommended that this game be printed on thick card for increased durability.