A 13-slide editable PowerPoint template providing a comprehensive overview of the history of the Olympic Games.
Nearly 3000 years of history, perfectly packaged in PowerPoint!
This PowerPoint presentation answers many of the questions your students may have about the Olympic Games, both then (the ancient Games) and now (the modern Games)! Some of these questions include:
- What are the Olympic Games?
- When and where did the Olympic Games originate?
- Who participated in the ancient Olympic Games?
- What events were held at the ancient Olympic Games?
- What did the victors in the ancient Olympic Games win?
- Why were the ancient Olympic Games discontinued?
- How did the modern Olympic Games come about?
As a follow-up activity, why not have your students complete a comprehension activity about the history of the Olympic Games?
Download this resource as part of a larger resource pack or Unit Plan.
We create premium quality, downloadable teaching resources for primary/elementary school teachers that make classrooms buzz!
Find more resources for these topics
Suggest a change
You must be logged in to request a change. Sign up now!
Report an Error
You must be logged in to report an error. Sign up now!